Make two columns here. Colored text on right and a picture of cockroach on the left
Cockroaches are among the most common pest found in homes and commercial premises. They belong to class insecta , order Blattodea of phylum Arthropoda. They have three stages of life, egg, nymph, and adult. It takes about 60 days for a cockroach to reach maturity from egg to adult. Common Cockroaches can be brown, black, tan, reddish orange in color. There are many species of cockroaches, however most common cockroach may be 1 inch to 1.6 inches long.
Cockroaches can be found in any house, residential or commercial building. It’s not true that cockroaches are only found in dirty and poorly-kept buildings. However, poor sanitation/housekeeping is a major factor that leads to infestation. Cockroaches are often brought into a non-infested building by food, by furniture, or clothing that’s infested with live cockroaches and their eggs. Cockroaches multiply very quickly. A mature female cockroach creates an “egg case” that holds about 50 eggs. The female cockroach leaves the case in a place that isn’t likely to be disturbed (crevices, briefcases, etc.). The eggs take about 1 month to hatch. Cockroaches become adults in 2 to 4 months. They live about 6 months. Cockroaches die if they go without food or water for 2 weeks.
Ordinarily While a clean house is the best place to live in, having a clean house doesn’t guarantee you wouldn’t get cockroaches. Cockroaches can enter your house in many ways. Major source of cockroach’s infestation is cardboard boxes usually from an infested place or a grocery store. Since all they need is a little water, a warm place, uncovered garbage cane and some leftover food. To summarize our house and kitchen provide all these necessities for cockroaches to thrive in.
Cockroach Spread diseases
Cockroaches are nuisance. They contaminate our food and spread diseases. Therefore one time they may walked on garbage and next time they will be walking over your uncovered food or raw food in pantries. Cockroaches can carry some serious diseases. Salmonella Typhi, which causes Typhoid and Poliomyelitis, which causes Polio are some common diseases caused by cockroaches. Cockroaches also cause Dysentery, a disease that causes severe diarrhea that may include bleeding. Some People with asthma has allergic reaction to cockroaches’ droppings and their body parts.
Sign of cockroach’s infestation
Cockroaches are nocturnal. They hide in the day light. You can see them only when infestation is too much. Some sign of cockroach infestation is
- Feces of cockroaches, which look like pepper spill
- Dead cockroaches
- Oily or musty smell
- unhatched egg casing or empty casing
How to get rid of cockroaches
- Our cockroach exterminator will first do a thorough inspection of your house
- Depending on the degree of infestation, our exterminator will recommend a variety of cockroach treatments
- At Shield Pest control our technicians are expert in eliminating cockroaches
- We will also advise you, how to prevent future infestation
Preparing your house for the treatment
- Thoroughly clean your house and remove all debris.
- Clean behind and around stove and fridge
- Thoroughly clean kitchen cabinets and clean the food spill
- Clean yellow oily patches from the stove and kitchen cabinets
- Store your food items in tight lid containers
- Repair leaking faucets
- Don’t leave pets food overnight or unattended
- Don’t leave food crumb in sink
- Store garbage in tight lid container
- On the day of the treatment, empty all kitchen cabinet and cover your utensil and food items
- Everyone including pets will be required to stay out for a minimum 4 hours after chemical treatment
- We are not responsible for any pest damage to the structure and property before, during or after pest inspection or treatment or any contents within.
- At the time of treatment do not leave any valuable, we are not responsible for any damage or loss.
DON’T CALL US, WE’LL CALL YOU
Request a Callback
Fill in the form below to request a callback to discuss your move.